Thursday, January 22, 2009

FINALLY!

Today after two full weeks of tweaking things on the boat while she is in the water I'm finally going for a sail. All I have to do is mount the rudder and tiller and I will be off. I'm hoping for a little help from Phil or his friend Antonio, if it's there fine, if not I'm going anyway. It's been too long.

One possibility on the job front, that would be delivering phone books, you know the annoying people who deliver two phone books for every residence. I'll give it a try and see how it works. Glad I got all of that education while I was younger.

Last night I met an attractive middle-aged Vietnamese woman Huong Loa, she had been in the Central Highlands of Vietnam while I was there. What a wierd coincidence, she was divorced three years ago from her husband who had married her when she was 15 and brought her back to the states with him when his tour was over. She was obviously captivated by my charm and good looks, inviting me over to her house for dinner and other activities. It was a fun time and I'm sure that I will probably see her again. One of the amazing things about her is that there is the distinct possibility that her aunt cleaned by room while I was in 'Nam. Small world. She seems to be quite wealthy and I am sure that she will want to get together again. I enjoyed the evening and look forward to spending time with her again. She owns a company which supplies local Chinese restaurants with animals which have been illegally rescued from local animal shelters. Man, I had you going there for a while.

Tomorrow I will hopefully be reporting on the maiden voyage of the ___________, whatever the name of the boat will be. The first voyage might help in determining her name. Until tomorrow, fair winds and safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment