Friday, January 9, 2009

Well, here it is Friday afternoon and it has been a week since I had an entry on this blog. I've been busy. I had to take Russ to St. Louis on Friday afternoon enabling him to spend some time with some of his law school friends, I on the other hand did the responsible thing and went to our old neighbors for a lively card game. I don't know what the women were playing that were in attendance, but it was not a card game I was familiar with. I spent my time playing with the young people in attendance, all of whom were under 5. Russ showed up late that evening and I took him to the airport the following morning to catch his flight back to Baltimore. That evening I spent time with some other friends in the metro area, before going to Mike's house on Sunday afternoon. Mike and Donna's son Cris was home from Iraq and it was great getting to see him. Little did he know that I would be spend the following night at his house on my trek to Florida.
I've just found out that I only have 10 minutes left on this computer before my time runs out, so I'll hurry. Spent Monday night at Cris and Shelly's in Clarksville, TN, spent Tuesday driving in 32' temps with rain, making it to Birmingham, AL. Next day made in to Ft. Walton Beach parked the trailer and got a fleabag hotel for the night.
I've been working on the boat for the last two days. Getting a lot done. The good news is that she floats, no leaks. I'll to spend more of my time on this blog tomorrow. The adventure will be getting more interesting!!!
Good football game last night, at least for all of the Gator fans.

1 comment:

  1. #1 - Thanks for keeping the kiddies occupied.
    #2 - The name of the card game is "Hand & Foot"
    #3 - Looks like you're having a great time down there! Jenn and I are going to have to visit!

    ReplyDelete